International, European and National Law on Refugee / Migration Flows
Field of specialization, studies, work experience:
Dr. Moskoff’s main field of interest and expertise is migration policy and the ‘national ownership’ of best practices, such as Public Private Partnerships, inter-agency cooperation, raising public awareness, educating competent authorities and tackling the ‘demand side’ of human trafficking.
Description of prior teaching/training activities:
Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) - 2013 to 2021 (renewed)
- National Rapporteur on Trafficking in Human Beings
National Council Against Racism and Intolerance - 2015 onwards
National Commission for Human Rights - 2018 onwards
Legal Drafting Participation - 2010 onwards
- European Commission proposal for EU strategy in Corporate Social Responsibility Against Trafficking in Human Beings (2014);
- Parliament Committee (Hearings and Assembly sessions) for Article 6 of the Transposition Law (2013/4198);
- Law Drafting Committee for the Transposition of the EU Directive (2011/36);
- Law Drafting Committee for the Council of Europe Convention (GRETA).
Office of the Secretary General - 2008 to 2013
- Coordinator of an informal National Coordination Mechanism to Monitor and Combat Trafficking in Persons/Human Beings.
Inter-ministerial Committee on anti-Trafficking of Human Beings - 2004 to 2008
- National Action Plan, 2004;
- National Action Plan, 2006;
- Facilitating the “national ownership” of international best practices regarding Protection, Prevention, Prosecution and Partnership.
Hellenic AID (Agency for International Development/MFA) - 2001 to 2005
- In charge of Human Security Network and Public Private Partnerships against Trafficking in Persons/Human Beings.
Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) - 2001 onwards
- Expert Counselor on Human Security and Trafficking in Persons/Human Beings.
Sociology, London School of Economics and Political Science (PhD)
Sociology & Social Anthropology, Brunel University London (BSc)
European Public Law Organisation - Summer 2018
- Taught at the “Second Migration Summer School on Precarious Labour, Human Trafficking & Social Exclusion in Europe”
Panteion University of Social and Political Sciences - 2005
Additional information (such as publications, awards, link, etc):
Gazmed, K., Moskoff, H. and Tsioukas, G., Local Self-Governance and Immigrants (Papazisis; Publications 2008).
Moskoff, H., The Political Culture and Society of Greek citizens during globalization (ISTAME; 2004).
Moskoff, H., Church, state, and political culture in Greece since 1974: secularisation, democratisation, westernization (London School of Economics and Political Science; 2005).
Moskoff, H. ‘The Message of the European Day Against Human Trafficking’ (17 October 2018) Helpis, available at READ MORE...> accessed on 27 June 2019.
Moskoff, H. ‘An “invisible crime” with millions of victims’ (23 October 2015) Huffington Post Greece, available at <READ MORE...> accessed on 27 June 2019.
Moskoff, H. ‘Cooperation With The Private Sector To Reduce “Demand” For Human Trafficking’ (July 2014) British Hellenic Chamber of Commerce, 2-5.
Santa Marta Group (March 2018) ‘Interview: Dr Heracles Moskoff’, available at <READ MORE...> accessed on 27 June 2019.
Ε-culture (November 2017) ‘The fear of “foreign terrorism” covers everything’, available at <READ MORE...> accessed on 27 June 2019.
Greek Centre for the Study of Crime (October 2017) ‘How does Greece counteract human trafficking? An interview with Heracles Moskoff’, available at <READ MORE...> accessed on 27 June 2019.
The Bologna Institute for Policy Research at SAIS Europe (8 May 2017) ‘Addressing Modern Day Slavery: The Human Security Perspective’ available at < READ MORE...> accessed on 27 June 2019.
International Affairs Forum (Winter 2016) ‘Interview with Dr. Heracles Moskoff’, available at <READ MORE...> accessed on 27 June 2019, 32-34.
In.gr (March 2015) ‘Human Trafficking: the invisible world of contemporary slaves. Interview with Heracles Moskoff’, available at <READ MORE...> accessed on 27 June 2019.